This article will indicate how to create Windows 11 better for games. Gaming makes billions of dollars every year. More ways to play the game, from new console releases to new games, have been added to the game than ever before.
However, some things can make or break the gaming experience, like the size of the screen and the hardware. People who play games will love Windows 11 because it has many great features. These features will make your computer the best one for Gaming possible. You can use these tips to enhance your Windows 11 gaming performance.
How to Make Windows 11 Gaming Performance much Better
Windows 11 is a great operating system for playing games. It has a lot of great features. However, many of these features are already turned off by default. Even if you have Windows 11 on your computer, you might not be using all of the best parts of the computer. If you want to make your games run as quickly as possible, follow these tips.
1] Eliminate temp files
It can be good to delete temporary files to free up cache data and speed up the computer. Do this:
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to open the Run window.
- In the text area, type temp and press Enter. You will find the files your computer stores in the “temp” folder in this list.
- To choose all the files, press Ctrl+A.
- When you're done, press the delete key on your keyboard to remove them from the keyboard.
- A few files might not be deleted, so you might have to move them. You can skip them if that is the case. You'll be done.
- There is one more directory that you should clean up a lot.
- As soon as you do this, go back to run and type “percent temp” into the text box.
- Please select all the files and then delete them.
2] Upgrade to the current version of Windows 11
Windows 11 is best when it's always the most up-to-date because it works the best. One of the simplest methods to do this is you can do it that way. If you're an insider or use previews, you'll need this even more than normal.
As time goes on, Microsoft expects its Windows 11 operating system to get a lot better at fixing bugs, speeding things up, and keeping things safe. If you wish to enhance your gaming experience, you need to keep your Windows up to date. It would be supported if you also thought about Windows updates with security patches for online gamers.
Keep Windows up to date by following these steps:
- Right-click on the Start button and choose Settings from the menu list that appears on the screen.
- Click on Windows Update in the left-hand column from the Settings menu and then click on it again.
- To check for updates, click Check for updates. Then, let it run for a small while.
It will download and install any updates that haven't been done yet. To finish the installation process, you may need to restart your PC.
3] Update your graphics drivers
For games and other things that need to look good, almost every computer today comes with a card that can help with this kind of thing. If your computer has an APU or a built-in GPU, Windows Update will ensure that its drivers are the best. AMD and Nvidia graphics cards need special software to keep their drivers updated. Nvidia GeForce Experience for AMD and Nvidia's GeForce Experience. You can get the software from their websites.
4: Turn on game mode
Microsoft added Game Mode to Windows 10 and made it better over time. This setting is very good for older or less powerful computers because it improves performance and makes the system run better. There are many ways to make your computer run faster in game mode. It stops apps from running in the background or allocating resources to certain parts. To turn on Game Mode, do the following:
- The first thing you need to do is press Windows + I to open the Settings.
- Select “Games” from the drop-down menu in Settings on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Choose a game mode from the Gaming page, and then click on it.
- To turn on Game Mode, click the toggle next to it.
After doing the steps above, you will see a big difference in your gaming performance.
5] Turn off the Xbox Game Bar
It's best to twist this feature off to keep CPU and memory usage low. Because of the way Windows 11 and Windows 10 work, the Xbox Game Bar can't be completely turned off. Even so, if you don't need this feature, you can get rid of it with the help of PowerShell in Windows 7. How you can do it:
- Open Windows PowerShell as an admin.
- In the PowerShell windowpane, copy and paste the after a command. Then, press Enter to start the command.
This will remove the Xbox Game Bar from your computer. When you want it back, you can get it from the Microsoft Store when you need it. In this case, if you only want to close the background process and not remove it, follow these steps:
- Use the Windows+I keys to open the Settings app.
- In the left window pane of the Settings window, click the Apps tab.
- Click on Apps & characteristics on the right-hand side of the screen.
- The Xbox Game Bar is at the bottom.
- Click on the three vertical dots. Then, click on Advanced options to see more.
- Create your way down until you bring it to the ” End section.”
- Then select Terminate to bring the background process to a halt.
If you want the Xbox Game Bar to run but not have a big impact on the performance, you can turn off its Captures feature.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- It would support if you pushed the Windows + I keys to get into the settings.
- From the Settings menu, go to Gaming, then click Captures in the right pane on the right side.
- Turn off the options that say Record what happened and Record audio when you record a game now.
Your Xbox Game Bar won't use up many resources when you do this.
6] Delete inactive programs
If you have problems with performance when you play games, try uninstalling programs you don't use anymore. Steps:
- Right-click on the Begin button and choose the Settings menu from the drop-down menu.
- In the left pane, click on the Apps tab.
- Then, choose Apps & features. This will open a list of the apps you have downloaded from the Store app.
- You can choose the apps you don't need from the list.
- As soon as you're done, click on the three vertical dots. Then, click on Uninstall.
Remove other apps that you don't need.